Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Friday, October 23, 2009

Friday on my mind.

Apart from being perenially short of cash, I love being retired/on a pension. I can spread out my work load over a week instead of having to cram it all in on a weekend. But on a good day, I can do a lot cramming. Trouble is, my neck, back and feet will pay dearly for it over the next few days, reminding me why I have been granted a disability pension... But I had such a good day today, I'm compelled to blog about it. Don't feel you are compelled to read it. Quite boring, really. Except perhaps to non-Australians who are interested to see what things are like Down Under.
I started the day off making a list of Things To Do, all of which I accomplished:
Two loads of washing done and hung on the line.


Defrosted the fridge.


Made a fruit cake.


Washed the kitchen floor.


All this was achieved by 1.30 pm, and after I'd sat down for a bite of lunch (tub of yoghurt), I decided to walk to the post office, as it was such a beautiful day. We are lucky to have a park to walk through to reach Main Road from my street.

If this old gentleman can make it up that hill, so can I!

The price of petrol has gone up again, dammit. It will be back down to $1.10 by Monday, no doubt. Why do these companies do this?

I was going to stop for a coffee here, but remembered I hadn't brought any money.

This is a new shopping complex in our little town centre, due to open shortly before Christmas no doubt, to cash in on the silly season spending.

On the way back, I passed some lovely gardens - just look at all these rose bushes!

And this HUGE Eucalyptus tree, dwarfing the house beneath, with its lovely garden full of daisies.

Not far from home here thank goodness. My feet were 'killing me' by this time, but I only had to walk around the corner to reach home.

...in time to feed the chickens.


And that was my Friday.

1 Comments:

Blogger bigbikerbob said...

Hi Gina, We in the UK never think of Aussie being so fertile we forget its such a big country with a very wide range of weather, the area you live in looks very pleasant. Glad to see your still pushing yourself into doing things too.

Friday, 13 November, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!