Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Monday, October 05, 2009

More cute chicken photos!

Sorry to be so utterly boring, but I can't stop taking photos of these tiny fluff balls! Ken brought these two inside today while I was sitting at my computer, and when he put them on my desk I grabbed my camera!




4 Comments:

Blogger Scribe With Gold said...

Hi Gina,
NOT boring. I love them and it made a very good start to a cold and gloomy morning. :) Yes, I want to trade. :) I'm running late but will try to catch up later.
Have a great day.
-Patty who wonders how the weekends go by so fast.

Monday, 05 October, 2009  
Blogger FredaB said...

Gina they are darling. The little white one looks like it is talking. Too cute.

Hugs

FredaB

Tuesday, 06 October, 2009  
Blogger Crazee4books said...

Hi Gina,

Your baby Partridges are just plain
adorable! It's funny how their
downy coats are different colors,
either grey or golden yellow. Very
sweet. They don't seem to mind
being photographed, and actually
appear to be posing for the camera.

Gosh but your dingo puppies are
incredible cute too. And they
look like they're going to be
little hand fulls when you do
bring them home. Have you been
considering name choices???

So sorry to hear about the
fender bender that you had with
your car. Glad only the car
suffered in the ordeal and you
are fine. Hope repairs are
swift and thorough so you can
be back in action again asap.

The book that you made to hold
and display your hand made cards
is quite a neat thing, and I
really love the red cover that
you made for it.

I've seen a few cross stitchers
putting their smaller stitched
pieces into scrapbooks to keep
them safe and display them.
They use the fancy papers and
embellishments and since every-
thing is acid free (etc) it's
safe for the stitched piece.
I think I'd like to try that
myself someday.

We're having strong winds and
rain tonight which will make
being cozy warm in bed feel
extra nice. Too bad we have to
get up for work in the early
morning. But the coming
weekend is a holiday here, and
we're so looking forward to the
time off. Thanksgiving is
earlier here in Canada then in
the States. We'll have my Mom
and my SIL here for turkey and
all the trimmings on Sunday.

DH is feeling a little better
each day and just sounds a bit
gruffer then usual when he
talks. I've been feeling a
little bit off during the past
two days but don't know if it's
something starting, or just a
funny feeling. I'm off to bed
early to rest up, just in case.

Just finished reading another
fabulous book called The Help
by Kathryn Stockett and will
blog about it on Sunday. Gotta
pick out another book to read
from my library in the morning.

Cheers!

Wednesday, 07 October, 2009  
Blogger cell said...

gorgeous!! i wish i could have one as a pet. and that it wouldn't ever grow up. but, living in a studio apartment, i guess that's impossible. are they noisy?

Monday, 19 October, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!