Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Monday, October 12, 2009

It's nice to be loved like this.

Ken has been popping in and out of this room like a bloody jack-in-the-box. He can't get enthused about turning his laptop on, so he's been watching t.v. at the other end of the house, while I surf my friends' blogs, and check their friends' blogs, then check on THEIR friends' blogs... and so it goes ad infinitum. I haven't washed tonight's dishes yet, but I have done the ironing, so I'm allowing myself free reign on the computer for a while. Most of the blogs I check out are craft blogs, and the printer is switched on, ready to print out any new patterns I'd like to do in this century or the next. But I'm side-tracked.

Ken keeps thinking of things he wants to tell me - or that is his excuse. Perhaps he's checking on me to make sure I'm not in one of those CHAT ROOMS, chatting to a young and virile man. Who am I kidding. What would a young virile man want with an old lady like me? Actually, some younger men prefer older ladies...Oh sorry, got sidetracked again.

The last time he poked his head around the door was to tell me he's got a new password when he logs into the computer at work. His old password didn't work any more, so he asked his supervisor what to do about it. Supervisor said "What's your wife's name?" and typed "Gina001" on to the keyboard as Ken spelt my name. Ken is quite chuffed about it. He said happily "I think of you every time I log in!" Isn't that sweet? Who needs a young virile man online when I've got an older version all of my own right here?

6 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

What a lovely post
Jan

Tuesday, 13 October, 2009  
Blogger bigbikerbob said...

Hi, So there you are, he doesn't just think of Cars and motorbikes after all.

Tuesday, 13 October, 2009  
Blogger Judy B said...

Aaawwww!!! That's so cute!
Judy B

Tuesday, 13 October, 2009  
Blogger FredaB said...

The man loves you Gina. He is probably a little "what to do with myself" and thats what keeps him looking in on you.

I am like you I go to one blog then see something interesting on theirs and so on. Two hours later Harv is calling me to see if I want to watch a particular show. Life goes on.

Hugs

FredaB

Tuesday, 13 October, 2009  
Blogger Scribe With Gold said...

I've come to the fact I can't catch up on blogs in the morning. LOL I will be posting some stuff tonight. You're hubby is so cute. Have a great day. I have to get in gear and get to work. YUCK

Tuesday, 13 October, 2009  
Blogger Merle said...

Dear Gina ~~ What a nice post and I
think it's lovely Ken keeps popping in to see you to tell you things. I love your little chickens, so cute.
Thanks for your comment and I am glad you likrd thr jokes and roses.

It would be nice if you called in. It is just over ana hour from Violet Town to Shepp. Maybe as the days get longer and warmer. I can see that it makes your day longer.

Take care my friend, Love, Merle.

Friday, 16 October, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!