Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Saturday, November 21, 2009

One week later.

Here it is, Saturday night again, with Ken in the garage again and me on this computer again. I didn't win Tattslotto - AGAIN! The only difference is the weather - it is nice and cool, and raining...such a relief after the dreadful heat we've had during the week. Thank you Freda, Merle and Isabelle - for your concern about Ken in the previous post. He is fine now - went back to work on Monday, and survived driving around in that heat every day.

Gee it's nice listening to the rain pattering on the roof. I'd been watering our garden every night this week in an effort to keep everything alive, but the too-early start to summer was just too much for several plants, and they have gone to Plant-Heaven. Such a waste of money...But my one tomato plant in its pot has survived, and grown 8 inches in one week!
On Friday, I had to go out in the morning, and when I got home around noon, it was already 39 deg.C, and the house was like an oven. I rolled out the hose attached to the rainwater tank, and spent five minutes hosing down the brick walls of the house. It is amazing what that can do to cool a house down quickly! One of the joys of having a tank with our own water, is to be able to do things like that. Ken was cross when I told him - "That's wasting water" he said, and I said "Well it's ours to waste - it's not coming out of the reservoirs". The tank level has dropped dramatically of course, so it is only half full now, but hopefully this rain will top it up a bit.


I really have nothing else to post here. I've been doing a lot of craft (mostly stitching) this week, and my other blog has all the details about that.

1 Comments:

Blogger Merle said...

Dear Gina ~~ I am so glad you have cooled off and got some lovely rain.
We are getting some too, but only about 5mm yet. More due tomorrow.
It freshens everything up and makes gardens look better (and saves us watering) We have 3 more cool days (under30) then up it goes agan. I am so glad Ken is better and back at work. Peter and I went to Jeanette's home for the day and her daughter Carol was still ther helping her, and her sister Pauline was there to see us.
Carol cooked a beautiful meal for lunch and we all enjoyed the company. Take care, my friend.
Love, Merle.

Sunday, 22 November, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!