Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Let down.

If you visited this blog in the past 24 hours, you may wonder why the last post about dingo pups has vanished. We had a phone call tonight from the dingo breeder, saying he'd changed his mind about selling his dogs to us because he doesn't think we will make good owners. Just as well we haven't paid any money out on the enclosure which has just been started. It is still early enough to pull everything out and return all the stuff to the generous person who started work on it on Saturday. He was horrified to hear about the phone call, and has urged us not to do anything rash. Well, hullo. If the president of the Dingo Care Network says we are not good enough for their dogs, in spite of four round trips of over 100 miles to their home to acquaint ourselves with the pups, and think about organising permits, enclosure, kennels, vet. expenses...I guess he has just saved us a lot of money. But Ken is heartbroken.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

You poor things I know how much you were looking forward to extending your family... I will give you a ring tonight...Take care now...

Tuesday, 27 October, 2009  
Blogger FredaB said...

Dear Gna

Could it be that he felt maybe physically you and Ken would not be able to walk or run the dogs as much as they should be? Of course, if he felt you were not suitable it would have been kinder to tell you on the first visit and then you probably wouldn't have thought too much of it.

That is a shame. I feel bad for Ken.

Hugs

FredaB

Tuesday, 27 October, 2009  
Blogger Merle said...

Dear Gina ~~ What a shame after all your visits. They should have said earlier if they were concerned that
you couldn't keep up with the pups.
Guess you won't be coming to Violet Town any more. I can understand another 100 kms makes it a long day.
One of these days, maybe we will meet. Take care, Love, Merle.

Wednesday, 28 October, 2009  
Blogger Gina said...

I'm sorry.

Don't worry though as I'm sure the right pup is out here for you, you just haven't found each other yet

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Thursday, 29 October, 2009  
Blogger Pam said...

Oh dear, what a disappointment! I'm so sorry.

I did enjoy the account of your ordinary Friday, by the way.

Saturday, 31 October, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!