Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Sunday, November 22, 2009

What do I do on a rainy Sunday?

Sit and watch the rain all day because it might be six months before we get another deluge like that! I did a few other things though.
Cooked this Spiced Pumpkin Loaf. I found the recipe on somebody's blog (not one of the blogs I visit regularly) and decided to make it, seeing I had some pumpkin lying around waiting to be used up.


Fixed the lid of this little teapot that we found over at MIL's house last week. She apparently kept all the things that got broken, maybe hoping to mend them someday, but they never were. So I rescued this - the lid was broken into four bits, and it was easy enough to glue back together.


Worked on two little craft pieces - a Christmas ornament for an exchange:

And a Fabric Postcard for another exchange.


###################################################################
Then I went outside and photographed these kangaroos standing next to our tank....LOL LOL LOL - Tricked ya!! No, actually, a friend in Queensland sent us this photo last week, and I asked her if I could post it on my blog for my cyberspace friends to see. She didn't mind!

1 Comments:

Blogger FredaB said...

I remember being so excited the first time we saw kangaroos in Australia. I believe they were in a protected area - but not a zoo. I think people come over and expect them to be walking down the street like people come to America and expect cowboys and Indians.

I too just fixed the lid of a tea pot in Chicago. I was making tea and had put the lid on the counter never thinking of it rolling and it rolled right off. Harv glued it back for me and I hope it will be useable. The hot tea never hits the lid. Yours looks to be a very pretty one.

Hugs

FredaB

Tuesday, 24 November, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!