Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Saturday, March 13, 2010

This and that....

I visited Helen on Friday - she is in rehab. since her operation to remove a clot from her brain. Her hubby goes into see her every day, so I accompanied him, and we stayed for a couple of hours. Helen is looking much better than I'd expected - her speech is not much worse than it was a few weeks ago, and she is walking slowly, with help. She was pleased when I passed on goodwill messages from many of our friends, including bloggers - she said "I thought they would have forgotten all about me!" I took some homemade cakes in to have with a cup of tea, and I also gave her nails a manicure. It is such a nice thing to have your nails done when you don't feel your best! (I don't expect the men to understand, but you girls will!)

Today was a beautiful Melbourne Autumn day - such a contrast to last week's hail storm. I took the opportunity to try for some better photos of our Gouldian Finches. The female was sitting on her eggs in the nest box, but I got some nice shots of the male. I also photographed a flock of galahs and passing corellas, who all came down for a feed at our verandah. Here is the Gouldian Finch, and you can see the rest on my Aussie birds blog.

Tomorrow (Sunday) the weather is predicted to be the same as today, so all going well, Ken and I will be going to the Zoo to see Mali, the baby elephant. If all goes to plan, there will be HEAPS of photos - another blog coming up!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!