Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Monday, February 22, 2010

In the last four days...

It seems ages since my last post here, but it was only five days ago. I've been working on various embroidery projects, and messing around with paper craft as well. I saw this cute paper doll cut-out on this craft website and couldn't resist having a go!


Life goes on. Ken's Mum turned 97 last Wednesday, and the hostel kitchen staff made a birthday cake for her (as they do with all the residents), and got everyone to sing happy birthday. She had a few visitors during the day, and we dropped in after tea. She was a bit bemused by all the activity, but happy with all the cards she received, even if she didn't remember some of the people who sent them. Ken's sister and BIL brought MIL over to our place on Sunday for afternoon tea, and she enjoyed that. She always wants to see our animals and birds, so we took her up to the aviaries where she chuckled at the hens, and held a baby budgie. Back inside the house, I dragged Topsy from under the bed where she was hiding, and MIL patted her for a few minutes until she'd had enough and got free of my arms!

Earlier in the day, my oldest brother Ian rang to tell me our brother Bryan was in hospital. He'd had a heart attack last week, but had stents put in to the arteries and was doing well. I think he expected me to drop everything and rush in to see Bryan, but I haven't seen either of my brothers for a couple of years, so I just said thanks for letting me know, and we must catch up some time. Ha. Pigs might fly too. Families. Who'd have them? I must admit I envy people who have a close knit family, and see each other regularly. Ken's family is pretty close, so it's been nice for me to have married into such a family. But my side...when my father and stepmother died within a year of each other, it was like the glue that held the family together had disintegrated. We get on okay when we meet at weddings and funerals, but other than that...

1 Comments:

Blogger bigbikerbob said...

Hi Gina (Ken), We are a bit like that with our family but you know what they say " You can choose your friends but your stuck with your family", very true sometimes.

Wednesday, 24 February, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!