Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Monday, April 05, 2010

A busy and satisfying weekend.

Melbourne's weather has smiled on us all this weekend - it has been very pleasant. Some sun, some cloud, but no rain and not too hot or too cold. Perfect! On Good Friday the MOTH and I worked around the house. We'd invited Helen and her hubby around for tea, but Helen rang about 5 pm to ask if she could take a raincheck, as she wasn't feeling up to going out. She'd only come home from 3 weeks in rehab. on Wednesday, and was still very tired. I'd just put a tuna flan in the oven, so I asked her what she would have for tea now that they wouldn't be here. She replied "Oh, just a sandwich I suppose", so I said I would bring half of the flan around to them as soon as it was out of the oven, as there was enough for four people, so why waste it? She was delighted! After Ken and I had finished dinner, Ken settled down to his annual Good Friday routine of watching the Jeffrey Hunter "King of Kings" movie, while I did some stitching at the other end of the house. I've seen that movie so many times now, I'm pretty much word perfect!

We had some friends around for a barbecue tea on Saturday night, which was fun, as we hadn't seen them for a while, and it was good to catch up. On Sunday, Ken picked up his Mum from the hostel and brought her here for lunch. His sister and her hubby came too, and Ken's niece dropped in for a quick visit with her two little ones, who had fun playing in my canvas swing, and collecting eggs from the chookhouse!

2 Comments:

Blogger bigbikerbob said...

Hi Gina/Ken, Hope Ken is coping with his breathing and that he gets a Hospital place soon, I suppose we Brits should be thankful for our 100% cover National Health Service, all the best both.

Thursday, 08 April, 2010  
Blogger Jeanette said...

Gday Gina. Im Back!!!! So sorry to hear Ken has to go on the waiting list for his pacemaker.I hope he is called in very soon to get it fitted.
How lovely of you to take your flan to Helen as she couldnt make it to you for Dinner. so pleased she enjoyed it ..

Saturday, 10 April, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!