Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Thursday, April 01, 2010

Foot In Mouth disease.

Honestly, some people have no sense of humour whatsoever, and when it is the Prime Minister, for goodness sake - wars can start over stupid comments like this.
Rudd takes offence at Robin Williams
From Robin's throwaway line about Aussies being rednecks (and let's face it, some of us are), Rudd turns around and hurls a direct insult at the people of Alabama! Hellooooo MISTER Rudd - just how long have you spent in that state, and how well do you know the people?? You can't judge them from a few of the crappy t.v. shows that come out of the USA - and many Americans admit that some of their t.v. shows are rubbish. I've been to Alabama, and I found the people there to be as friendly and as intelligent as anywhere else in the USA.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Gina,
Followed you here from your peacock blog! Another Aussie friend was commenting on this same thing. Elected officials can do the stupidest things. Actually, I think we all do stupid things, they just get watched closer!

Friday, 02 April, 2010  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Gina ~~ He may well vote himself out with his many gaffes.

I am sorry for the delay in Ken's op and hope it won't be too long.
Thank you so much for your concern and even offers of help. What a kind person you are and a lovely blogging friend. I should be OK, one way or the other. So please don't worry. You have enough on your hands with Ken's mother losing it a bit. Lovely you take flowers each week. Take care, Gina
and thank you again. Love, Merle.

Saturday, 03 April, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!