Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A very old book.

I went over to MIL's house again today to do some more cleaning up. SIL had been there last week, and said we are just about ready to have an expert come out to appraise the value of what's left in the house. I brought home some items that I felt Ken would be interested in, as well as a couple of books that I wanted to read before they disappear at an auction or garage sale. SIL has told me to take whatever I wanted anyway, so I might just keep these two books.
This one "Our Girls' Story Book" has an inscription written inside the front cover, to MIL, dated 1918. Unfortunately books this old rarely printed their publication dates, but I think I can safely assume this one is close to 100 years old.




This one is nowhere near as old, although the subject would probably remember the above book from her own childhood! This book is a photographic history of the late Queen Mother, printed about 1996. If you are reading this Sylvia, do let me know if you don't have this in your collection, and we may be able to come to an arrangement!

1 Comments:

Blogger Linens and Royals said...

Yes I do have that lovely book of the Queen Mum, it has some great pics in it. Thanks for thinking of me Gina.
Love those goblins? or elves? you have pictured from your MIL's old book, you will have to keep that one. Sylvia

Wednesday, 14 July, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!