Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Friday, August 13, 2010

MSN News needs a proof reader!!

I don't buy daily newspapers, so I catch up on the news on the Net. MSN is my home page, and I read the headlines once a day. I was amused to find this error this morning. Sounds like the Nine Network are milking Mr Latham for all his worth..
Mr Latham has been commissioned by the Nine Network to present an election dairy for its 60 Minutes program.

And now for my news - an update on Ken's hiccups! Thank you Freda, for your sympathetic comments. It certainly has been a difficult fortnight, but I know you have had to deal with far worse, and I appreciate your kindness here. Ken had an acupuncture treatment yesterday, which stopped the hiccups for about two hours, and he said it made him feel so good apart from stopping the hiccups, he will be going back for regular treatments. Dr J. also prescribed another medication, which Ken took when the hiccups returned, but that didn't seem to work, as he didn't get much sleep last night. Regardless of that, he went off to work this morning, so we'll see how he goes. Dr J. wants him to have an ultra sound on his abdomen, to see if they can locate any underlying cause for these hiccups. So that is three doctors and a chiropractor he has seen so far.

My itching was stopped very quickly by an over the counter medication, so it obviously wasn't anything serious. Dr. said it could have been stress over the last few weeks, or a side effect of the antibiotics, but whatever it was, it's gone, hooray. I'm easily fixed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!