Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Friday, November 12, 2010

Whittlesea Show blog link, and our garden.

On my Stitching blog, I posted the news that I'd won 5 prizes for my embroidery at the Whittlesea Show last week. But I wanted to post my other photos of the Show on a separate blog, so if you want to see them, they are here.

I've also posted some photos here of our burgeoning bird families in the back yard aviaries.

Can't have a post without pictures, so at the risk of being TOTALLY boring, here are some more photos of our garden. The reason I'm so proud of it all this year is because in 30 years of living here, this is the best our garden has ever looked. The shrubs and trees we planted 20 years ago are now at their prime, having survived the years of drought.

This dark pink Callistemon belongs to a neighbour, but it is hanging over the fence, so I'm claiming ownership of this branch!


Lovely pale pink Callistemon in our front yard.



Red Callistemon in our front yard. Only a few years old, and the first time it has flowered so profusely.


Red callistemon at the front of our property. This tree is over 30 years old, and hasn't flowered like this for about 20 years.


Everlasting Daisies, a native Daisy that comes in a variety of colours.



Not native to Oz, but Ken and I love Gazanias! Just look at the colours of these two!



Every time I walk up the steps in the back yard, and look at this rockery, it makes my heart sing. Isn't that corny. But it is so pretty, and when I planted those last year, I never dreamed it would look so gorgeous. Guess I've got the makings of a gardener after all these years!

1 Comments:

Blogger Merle said...

Hi Gina ~~ Congratulations on winning
so many prizes at the Whittlesea
Show. You did very well and I had a look and also at your many birds.
Your garden is also nice. I must try to take some photos of mine tomorrow.
Take care, Love, Merle.

Tuesday, 16 November, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!