Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Not much happening.

Freda and Merle congratulated me on buying a new computer, but they are a bit premature! I haven't got one yet! After some investigation on the first one I saw and liked, I was advised by Those In The Know not to touch that particular brand, and talking to more people backed up the initial comments. So I've looked around some more, and the style of PC that I like is available in other brands, so that is a plus. BUT, what the first bloke didn't tell me was that the price he quoted didn't include the Microsoft Office program, which meant while having Windows 7 I could browse the internet, I wouldn't be able to type anything! For goodness sake, wouldn't that be the first thing that should be automatically included in any computer package?? Maybe I'm dumb, but to me a computer is still a glorified typewriter with extras.

I have now been informed that in addition to the cost of around $700 for the PC that I like, I would have to pay another $200 for the Microsoft Office program, which brings the price up to $1000. Which I was hoping NOT to have to pay. Which we just cannot afford, especially if Ken won't be earning any wages for two or three months after his surgery, and even more importantly, if he can't go back to work at all! So, I'm back to square one with my trusty old PC, and as if it has read my mind, it has been behaving itself remarkably well in recent days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!