Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Ken's latest new toy.

When Ken bought our Toshiba 54" rear projection t.v. 13 years ago, it was a state of the art large t.v. and we have had many fun nights with our friends and family watching movies on it.

It still works perfectly well, but of course is now a dinosaur compared with the latest t.v. sets. We didn't want to simply throw out the Toshiba while it is still working, but Ken was itching to get a flat screen t.v., so we asked around to see if anyone would be interested in taking the Toshiba off our hands before we were forced to send it to the tip...or a recycling centre if we could find one that could use it.
One of Ken's older cousins was delighted with the offer of a free t.v., and she's not fussed about its age, as long as it works,  so it is to be collected on Monday and taken to her house, where Ken will set it up for her along with a DVD player and digital set top box, which he will no longer need.

Below is his new t.v. - not to be taken out of it's box until the old t.v. is gone and we have a cabinet on which to place the new one.  This is a 65" (strange that they still use inches as a measurement?) LCD screen, as well as being digital of course, and 3D.  There are two pairs of glasses supplied to watch 3D films.  I won't be watching any 3D films with him - I have to perch those ontop of my regular glasses, and it is all just a blur, and very unpleasant to try and focus, so I'm not even going to try!
Being a so called Smart TV there are all kinds of extras that you can do with it - accessing the internet, even using the inbuilt camera to talk to people on Skype.  OMG, you need a licence to operate these things.  All way out of my orbit, so Ken will be playing with this on his own for the foreseeable future. I'll be happy to watch t.v. shows and non 3D movies with him, but he'll have to be in charge of the controls!


2 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

Gosh, that's a big tv! I hope my husband doesn't read this or it'll give him ideas...

Tuesday, 25 June, 2013  
Blogger Pear tree cottage! said...

Very nice we look forward to coming over and watching a cowboy movie, or anything else with you both, I'll bring popcorn lol lol

Wednesday, 26 June, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!