Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Sunday, June 09, 2013

We made up. But still not happy Jan!

Ken and I don't stay mad at each other for long.  We usually wake up the next day and everything is fine!  I made him a cuppa when I got up this morning, and got a nice smile ;-)
The reason we are not happy at the moment is because our landline is out and looks like being out for another few weeks.  We've having incoming calls diverted to my mobile, but it can be a nuisance, as was proved yesterday with all those conflicting messages.  I got on to an AUSTRALIAN Telstra employee (by demanding that the Phillippines employee transfer me back to here!) and she was as helpful as possible under the circumstances.  She told me a cable had been cut by a careless employee doing roadworks, and it affected about 400 homes while they get a replacement cable and hook everything up again.    Obviously that is not Telstra's fault, but hey, who else do you talk to?  Ken said he'd like to find out who the person was who did the damage, and he'd go around to his house and cut their power lines....not really, but you can think these things, can't you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!