Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Sunday, August 18, 2013

We are both in a miserable place.

Ken is ill and I'm not much better. He's had a cold for nearly two weeks and spent the last week in bed most of the time.  I finally got him to the doctor on Thursday who prescribed the usual antibiotics and told me to keep an eye on him. Ken was scheduled to have cataract surgery on Monday, but the doctor said it would have to be postponed because they won't operate on people who have a cold or flu virus, so he called the hospital and eye surgeon to cancel the surgery.

It was this time last year that Ken started off with a cold and ended up in hospital with pneumonia.  I was pleased when he retired back in May this year with the winter months ahead, as now that he has got sick again, at least he wasn't going to work and has been able to stay indoors and keep warm and dry instead of outside driving around all day in the elements. 

I was hoping to avoid catching the cold but no, it got me and I had to cancel a speaking engagement this morning, which I was very disappointed about.  But there was no way I could talk about my linens for half an hour or more, with a sore throat, and a few sneezes thrown in for good measure.

1 Comments:

Blogger FredaB said...

Sorry to read you are both under the weather. I know it is more dangerous for Ken because of his ill health but take care of yourself too.

I hate colds - they are so miserable.

Hugs
FredaB

Wednesday, 28 August, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!