Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Saturday's doings.

Two of my supper cloths had an outing today - the new Tigerlily pattern and the recent Dolly Varden design, both of which I have shown on Patra's Place. The occasion was Ken's Mum's 93rd birthday, and the family went to visit her for afternoon tea. My SIL and I provided all the food, and organised cuppas, and washing up afterwards, so MIL didn't have to lift the proverbial finger. She had two small tables set up for us to put everything on, and that's where I put my cloths. They were duly admired and exclaimed over, and came home without a mark!

On a less happy note, we had to take Topsy to the vet this morning. She had not eaten or used her litter tray for two days, and howled in pain if we tried to pick her up for a cuddle. The vet didn't take long to find an abcess underneath her tail, apparently caused by another cat attacking her. This is one of the reasons we prefer to keep her inside, but on a nice sunny day, it seems such a pity to have her locked indoors while we are outside, so we usually let her out. But she won't be out for a while again; we had to leave her with the vet for a few hours while he put her under an anasthetic, shaved her, lanced the abcess, put a drainage tube in, and for good measure, gave her the annual vaccinations. It all came to nearly $400.
We were going to go looking for a car tomorrow, but I think not at the moment. Our back yard has been excavated in preparation for a total re-landscape, and we have just paid the company our first progress payment, so the bank account is looking a bit sad.

3 Comments:

Blogger Finding My Way said...

Hi Gina,
Happy B-day to Ken's mom.
I'm sorry to hear about Topsy. I pray for a quick recovery. I'll be sending you an email.:-) Hopefully before the weekend is over. The weather man claims this to be the coldest day to date.
HUGS,
-patty

Sunday, 19 February, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Aren't vet bills horrendous? But worth it to keep our beloved pets happy and healthy. Hope Topsy is feeling better soon...

What fun, having your yard landscaped - will we see pictures when it's done?

Sunday, 19 February, 2006  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Hi girls, thank you for your concern for Topsy. She is coming along just fine, and I have taken some photos of her in her 'Elizabethan' collar, so once the film is finished, I will put them on here. Same with the back yard - yes, I have 'before' photos, and have taken some 'during' photos too. It won't be finished for a few weeks though, so don't hold your breath!

Wednesday, 22 February, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!