Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Friday, February 09, 2007

T.G.I.F. !!

Phew, thank goodness that week is over. It never rains but it pours, as my ex MIL used to say. You get all the good, or all the bad at once! On Tuesday, I spent the day at the Embroiderers Guild, and my car was parked safely in the private car park behind the building. I went out there around midday to get something from my car and discovered a 6" scratch on the drivers side door - not just a slight scratch, but a gouge as if someone had run a key or coin along it deliberately. I can't see how it would have happened there, but I don't recall seeing it earlier.

On Thursday night I was cooking veal schnitzel, and as I was about to drop a piece of veal in the frying pan, Ken distracted me and I turned around to respond, and dropped the meat into the pan, spattering my hand with the hot butter/oil mixture.




Only my ring finger was burned fortunately, but owwww, how it hurt for a couple of hours. I held my hand in cold water for the rest of the night, inbetween continuing to cook the meal, serving it up, eating it, and washing the dishes. Where was Ken? Down in the garage trying to polish the scratch off my car! I would much rather he'd been helping me in the kitchen, but...in his eyes the car was more important!

3 Comments:

Blogger Miss Robyn said...

OUCH - the best thing for a burn is honey. YES! straight from the jar. it stops that awful feeling after a burn like this. also a thing called calendula oil is great to heal from now on. If I lived closer I would give you some of my home made calendula oil. I used it every day on my radiation burns and have no scars and oh, how it soothed.
Did you get my email about the autumn giveaway, I didn't explain it that well, so email me if you have a skerric of interest.
also can you get in contact with Lee-ann? I sent her two emails and haven't heard back.
ps - sorry for the lenght of this comment :)

Saturday, 10 February, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh Ouch, that looks nasty. I must say that I should try that honey idea from Robyn as I always seem to get a burn every now and then. They hurt worse than cuts... ache for ages.
Take care... xox Nicole

Sunday, 11 February, 2007  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Thanks for your concern, my friends! My first aid training came into play when I burnt myself: cold water, ice, more of the same, as long as the skin feels hot. Nothing else! So that's what I did, and even though it now looks even worse than the photo here, there is no pain, and it hasn't stopped me carrying on my normal day to day work. The only thing I am putting on it now is lavender oil essence, which has excellent healing properties, probably much like Calendula, which I don't have!

Monday, 12 February, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!