Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Disgusting...or am I just old fashioned?

I am appalled at some of the tripe that gets on the world news sometimes. The Oscar winner Helen Mirren announced she didn't have any underwear on at the Oscars. So bloody what? I mean, who cares?? Going by the way most of those women dress at those Hollywood events with everything 'in your face', they obviously don't wear bras, and possibly even not panties. But Ms Mirren is 61 isn't she? I would have thought someone in our generation would have had a bit more pride, or self-respect. Guess she's just a tart like the rest of 'em....

Another thing that really upset me was this snippet:
Rocker/junkie Pete Doherty has shared his passion for drugs with the animal kingdom — feeding a penguin a leftover marijuana joint, according to reports.
If I saw someone doing that at a zoo or wildlife park here, I would become extremely violent toward them. I'm only 5'2" tall, and I can't really afford to physically tangle with people because I would probably come off second best, but I think my anger at such an act would give me enough superhuman strength to knock them out.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Gina, people have been interested in HM's de-clothing for forty years. Why change now? I can recall when Confessions of a Beachcomber was filmed in North Qld. HM was 20/21 (and so was I). Off came the gear for an in the water scene. I was young then and a tad shocked. I've grown up since and am a little world weary to boot. And how can she be a tart - she is a Dame: Dame Helen Mirren and, for my money, she is the best actress in the world. I think what makes it newsworthy these days is that she is in her 60s. I remember years ago reading an article by Joanne Woodward (married to that sexy beast Paul Newman) explaining how women were invisible once they got past menopause. They were regarded as sex-less and then for interest-less. In contrast to that, HM going without her knickers gives all us 60+ women a good name. I won't be getting my gear off (that would frighten not only the horses) but I am happy to bask in her reflected glory.

Thursday, 01 March, 2007  
Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Gina
I couldn't agree more with you .
I think Dame Helen is a very good actress,but did she have to tell the world she wasn't wearing undies.
"I dont think so"

Friday, 02 March, 2007  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Interesting responses to my outburst! Miss Eagle, I have emailed you direct with my reply, and also to remind you about our proposed opshop crawl!
Jeanette, you saw my point - did the 'lady' have to tell the world...and was it so important it had to be world headlines? I don't think so either.

Saturday, 03 March, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came along at a good time!

It did'nt really bother me that Helen said that. As she is not a person I really care about... I could'nt give two hoots if she wore mens jocks lol.

It comes down to my own personal checklist.... did she hurt anyone? did she offend anyone? did she change the outlook of the way people look at women who are 'up there' in years?

If I gave it a long hard 'think about'... I suppose it was a wee bit disappointing and perhaps I agree with your 'tart' comment.

xox Nic

Thursday, 08 March, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!