Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Friday Night Show And Tell.



Over there, over there,
Is it still Friday Night
Over there?


With apologies to James Cagney, I'm hoping it is still Friday night in the USA, so I can get in by the skin of my teeth to Kelli's Friday Night Show and Tell.
Here is mine for this week: commonly known as a Cookie Jar "over there", this belonged to my MIL, who gave it to me about ten years ago (can't remember just how long ago, but it was LONG ago!). She would never have called it a cookie jar in her day (she's 95), more like a biscuit jar, if indeed that what it was. It isn't airtight, so I don't keep biscuits or any other food in it. It just sits on a shelf in our kitchen with other interesting things that aren't useful, but are too pretty to throw out!

12 Comments:

Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

What a beautiful cookie jar. Bet it could tell a few stories.
Hope your weekend is going well.
Take care, Meow

Saturday, 14 July, 2007  
Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Gina Im back. very nice colourful cookie jar, My Mother used to call ours a Biscuit Barrel. (((hugs)))

Saturday, 14 July, 2007  
Blogger LBP said...

I love your cookie jar! Very pretty.

Saturday, 14 July, 2007  
Blogger Kelli said...

Such a pretty cookie jar, Gina and I love how it has a handle!!! I'm glad you joined in for show and tell!!

Kelli

Sunday, 15 July, 2007  
Blogger ellen b. said...

Wonderful cookie, bisquit jar! I like the fact that it has a handle...
http://happywonderer.wordpress.com/

Sunday, 15 July, 2007  
Blogger JEANNIE said...

So very nostalgic, what a thoughtful gift from the MIL. Thanks for sharing

JEANNIE 78

Sunday, 15 July, 2007  
Blogger TrainingHearts said...

Darling cookie jar!

Have a wonderful weekend :)

Sunday, 15 July, 2007  
Blogger Susan said...

Very cute cookie jar. Thanks for sharing.
Susan

Sunday, 15 July, 2007  
Blogger Susan said...

Hi - I just signed your guest book and it's reading "Your item has been sent for approval" I typed in "Greetings from Oklahoma". If you can correct this please do or if you need to just delete it. Thanks!
Susan

Sunday, 15 July, 2007  
Blogger Mockingbird Hill said...

One of my most prized collections is one of vintage cookie jars! Love this one..the colors are wonderful. Thanks for sharing...Cassie

Monday, 16 July, 2007  
Blogger Myrna said...

Cute "biscuit" jar! Glad you joined show and tell. Thank you for stopping by my place1 come back anytime!

Monday, 16 July, 2007  
Blogger Pear tree cottage! said...

Gina, your biscuit barrel looks beautiful to me.

I wonder how many times Ken's had his hand in their over the years! lol lol lol (sorry Ken! couldn't help that)

Lee-ann

Thursday, 19 July, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!