Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Show And Tell Friday.


It is actually 1.15 am on Saturday here in Melbourne, so I hope I still qualify for Friday Show and Tell! This is an idea started by Kelli, a Canadian blogger, in which she invites bloggers to put a photo of something interesting (read antique, not motorbikes and barbecues!) on their blog every Friday for 'Show And Tell'. For my introductory photo, I have selected a very old piece of china that I inherited from my paternal grandparents. I have no idea where it came from before that, but Dad gave it to me years ago, telling me it belonged to his Mum. If anybody can shed some light on what this little item actually is, I would greatly appreciate it. One friend said it is a salt cellar. Mmmm...

13 Comments:

Blogger ellen b. said...

Hi Gina from down under! I love the attitude of the figurines on the sides of the bowl. Sorry I can't shed any light on what it is, though. Blessings...
http://happywonderer.wordpress.com/

Saturday, 07 July, 2007  
Blogger Kelli said...

Hi Gina! Your figurine is so sweet! What a nice treasure to have! Thank you for joining in for show and tell!
Kelli

Saturday, 07 July, 2007  
Blogger Laurie said...

Hi Gina,
I don't know what it is or used for but I do love the colors!

Saturday, 07 July, 2007  
Blogger charish said...

I will look it up for you in my books I have books on things like that. All I need to know is if it has a mark on the bottom. I love it it is beautiful. Sarah

Saturday, 07 July, 2007  
Blogger LBP said...

I have no idea what it is, but it sure is pretty. what a great treasure from your past.

Linda

Saturday, 07 July, 2007  
Blogger Barbara H. said...

I have no idea what it is, but it's cute! welcome to the "Show and Tell!" I don't think the things we show necessarily have to be antiques, but a lot of them are.

Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts

Saturday, 07 July, 2007  
Blogger Amanda said...

What a cute figurine. :) I think you still qualify. It's still Friday in the US!

Saturday, 07 July, 2007  
Blogger someone else said...

Whatever it is, it is quite lovely. Thanks for showing it to us.

Saturday, 07 July, 2007  
Blogger Lana G! said...

Welcome! You are so ahead of us :)

It is really pretty. Wish I could help on what it is.

Lana G!
http://airmiles.wordpress.com/

Saturday, 07 July, 2007  
Blogger Julieann said...

I am not sure what it is, but it sure is cute:)

Julieann

Saturday, 07 July, 2007  
Blogger Susan said...

It certainly looks old and is very interesting.
Susan

Saturday, 07 July, 2007  
Blogger Sara at Come Away With Me said...

It's very pretty. Can't help with identifying what it was used for, but would be interested if someone figures it out. Greetings from California!

Saturday, 07 July, 2007  
Blogger Anita said...

Hi Gina,

Oh, another family treasure on Show & Tell! How lucky you all are to inherit such pretty goodies from your parents and grandparents.

Best wishes from Germany, Anita

Saturday, 07 July, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!