Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Greensborough Community Market.

Every Sunday morning, a Community Market is held in an adjoining suburb to us. It hosts a variety of stalls, from pot plants, fresh fruit and vegetables, hand made crafts, to trash and treasure. People can pay to have a site on a regular basis, or just one off, as I did today. My friend Sandra and I both had a lot of 'junk' around our homes that we decided to try and sell. Casual stallholders need to be there VERY early to get a good spot in the queue, so we were waiting in line at 6.20 am, and it was ffrrreeeezzzing....you can see how dark it still was while we were setting up our treasures in front of our cars.

7.30 am and my stuff is out of the car and ready to be looked over by prospective customers. I'm next to a fruit and veg. stall.
Just after 8 am and stallholders are still arriving.
Once the sun came out, the people came out too! In the top left hand corner of this photo, you can see a large building with a sign "SAVERS". This is my favourite op(thrift) shop.

Sandra looking happy at around midday. The sun was out and we were doing a brisk trade!

4 Comments:

Blogger Crazee4books said...

Hi Gina, What is it about garage sales, thrift shops and the like that entices and facinates us? I love wandering around these sorts of places, looking for treasures.
Loved the pictures of the birds at your feeders. What amazing colours. Such a difference to what we're use to here. Our birds are not quite as exotic.
Remember the time you asked to see pictures of my DH's 1955 Buick on my blog? Well, guess what? I finally put them there for your DH. Not the best of photo's but he should get an idea of what the car is all about. Cheers

Monday, 09 July, 2007  
Blogger Scribe With Gold said...

Gina,
That looks like so much fun, minus the freezing part. ;)
Of course right now it's been 90 and humid. I like the sunny warm weather but not the wet sticky feeling that goes with it.
Anyway, I digress. Hope you have a great week. -Patty

Tuesday, 10 July, 2007  
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Hi Gina, looks like a fun day. Hope you managed to sell heaps.
Hope to catch up again soon.
Take care, Meow

Tuesday, 10 July, 2007  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Hi Judy, I think anyone who loves eBay naturally loves markets and thrift shops too! I had a quick look at the Buick - Ken says WOW. I'll pop in again later, and comment.
Hi Patty and Meow - you have email!

Tuesday, 10 July, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!