Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Some interesting blogs to check out.

As if most of us in this Blog community have nothing better to do, than to look at MORE blogs! But I promise you, these are special. Well, one is special to me because the Blogger is my friend Helen. She has only recently created her blog at my insistence, and now that she has learnt how to post photos, she is off and running. Check Helen's Haven out for some beautiful photos of fascinating places in England. She writes an excellent commentary to go with the pics, too.

The next blog which is worth a look at is hosted by an American author, who has written a book about her travels in Australia ("Waltzing Australia")and named her blog after her book. I sat up for nearly two hours and read the blog from start to finish! I can't resist reading what other people think of Australia and its residents. Most visitors (including the famed Bill Bryson) think we are pretty cool, LOL!

Finally, I saw this one on another blog, but I can't for the life of me remember whose it was. This website is actually Time-CNN, but the article on this link is called What The World Eats. It has photos from 16 countries around the world, showing one family from each country with their weekly food shop (or provisions, depending on whether they grow their own food or buy it elsewhere). Truly fascinating, and a a real eye-opener! Unfortunately Australia isn't included, but we wouldn't be too far from most of the western countries on this list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!