Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Casey Stoner does it again!!


Our little Aussie battler (well he is only 21) has done it again - won the GP at Brno in the Czek Republic today! Go, Casey!


That event topped up our Sunday very nicely. We woke up to a fine sunny Sunday, and as I hadn't been for a pillion ride on Ken's new bike yet, we decided to go for a short ride. "Short" because I wanted to see how far I could go before my lower back started to protest. Ken's previous bike was built for speed not for comfort, as the saying goes, especially for the pillion passenger. But the Suzuki has a reasonably comfortable pillion seat, so off we went. Our first stop was at one of Melbourne's water storage/treatment plants - Sugarloaf Reservoir, which is about 15 minutes ride from our place. We were pleased to see the water level was slightly higher than the last time we were there.




As my back was feeling okay, we decided to ride on to Yarra Glen and visit a friend of Ken's, who we knew would love to inspect the new bike. This pic is taken from the road into Yarra Glen, looking down on the town. It is hard to tell among the trees, but it is a lovely setting.


Ken and his mate outside P's house, looking at the house across the road.

...which is for sale, and is just the kind of place that Ken and I would love to retire to if we had $690,000!!!


When we got home, some friends were waiting for us. "Where have you been? We want something to eat!" (I put some apple out IMMEDIATELY)

3 Comments:

Blogger Scribe With Gold said...

Gina,
Sounds like you had a wonderful time. The landscape is beautiful. As always, thanks for sharing your part of the world. :)
Have a great day.
-Patty

Monday, 20 August, 2007  
Blogger Val said...

You've reminded me of yet another wonderful place I haven't been to in years (Sugarloaf Reservoir) and somewhere we could go to have a picnic lunch. That ride over the Christmas Hills must be wonderful, I always enjoyed that. Glad you had such a nice day.

Monday, 20 August, 2007  
Blogger Pear tree cottage! said...

heheheheh! Gina you almost had four visitors on your doorstep but We would have bought our own apple lol lol (smiles) Then we decided it was getting cold and the afternoon was racing past so fast we decided to stay home but soon.......

I am so pleased you enjoyed your ride it looks so nice up there and the water does look higher which is a good thing isn't it.

Lee-ann

Monday, 20 August, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!