Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Sunday, August 12, 2007

More visitors of the Feathered Variety.



I don't know if it is because this winter has been much wetter and colder than the past ten years, but we are having more birds than ever in our yard lately. The galahs in this photo are often around, but don't always stop at our feeder, so I grabbed my camera as soon as these guys lobbed on the verandah. Just before they arrived, we had a flock of Corellas there briefly. That was VERY unusual - they are in the area, but again, rarely come into our yard. By the way, this looks like it was taken at night, but it was actually about 4 pm. We'd had dark clouds all afternoon, but I must admit to being surprised at how dark this photo looks!

As you will have seen if you've been reading this blog, a pair of King Parrots visited us last week, and have become daily visitors to the feeder, which is wonderful to see. Eastern Rosellas and Crimson Rosellas are in the treetops, but are too timid to come close to the house. The Owl can still be seen most nights high up in one of our eucalypts in the back yard. And the Rainbow Lorikeets staked their claim here years ago, and if they are ready to feed, everyone else is shunted off quick smart!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tea said...

What pretty birds! Wish we had them here. I love your piece of porcelain !

tea
xo

Monday, 13 August, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!