Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Helen - Hyacinth Bucket she is NOT!

My friend Helen has exquisite taste in furnishing her house. Everything is charming - from the furniture itself, to the linen and fine china that she delights in using. She is often at my place for a cuppa, and I have learnt from her to do things nicely...no more chipped mugs, cartons of milk and biscuits in the packet on the table! Now when anyone comes, even unexpectedly, I get out my matching China (not Royal Doulton but still nice), milk in matching jug, bikkies on a pretty plate and of course a hand-stitched cloth.

Once I asked Helen to cast her eye over our house and tell me what she would change if she lived there. Alas, poor Helen was tongue-tied - our place has too long been a haven for motorcyclists, steamtrain buffs, American western movies posters, etc. and is way past a makeover into a genteel atmosphere befitting classy ladies and gents! Ha ha - don't take me too seriously! As much as our home is completely the opposite to Helen's, it is home to us and we are comfortable with it. But I do like to visit with Helen and indulge in dainty daydreams...she has a lovely post on her blog today, complete with pretty picture of her dining table set up for afternoon tea. Go here for a peek.

1 Comments:

Blogger Val said...

Note to all: Gina takes her hand-stitched tablecloth seriously! When I met her at a cafe recently, which had timber tabletops, she produced a beautiful tablecloth which she spread out on the table. It was a surprise but quite welcome and homey.

Sunday, 12 August, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!