Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Blog Friends at my house for lunch!

Val and Helen came for lunch today. This is just the third time I've met up with Val and I hope it won't be the last - she is excellent company! Helen is much more than a new blog friend; we've known each other for about 28 years - since we moved to Eltham, in fact. I wanted to introduce them to each other because they both have working backgrounds in libraries, and my instinct was correct - they got on very well. Here they are just as we were finishing lunch...they weren't quite ready for this pic - sorry ladies!



For lunch, I cooked the Oven-baked Frittata on the cover of the current issue of Super Food Ideas



Val had promised to help me set up Google Reader, so I could see at a glance which of my favourite blogs had been updated. Once we'd organised that, we had about an hour's fun experimenting with other aspects of blogging - changing colours, adding Polls and other elements to our blog, and other stuff. Here is Val setting it up for me:


For a closer look at the tablecloth on my dining room table, go to Patra's Place.

5 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

Nice to see a picture of Helen and also some pics of your garden. It looks very un-British. Which isn't really surprising...

Friday, 24 August, 2007  
Blogger Val said...

Drat! You did post those photos! But didn't we have fun experimenting with Blogger. I must set up a poll soon. And thanks for not putting capsicum in the fritatta, which was delicious. (Greedy Val immediately helped herself to two portions, but there was plenty left over. I'm sure Ken appreciated not having capsicum in his meal!)

It certainly won't be the last time we meet up, Gina, as I think we really "click". We should think about taking the train to Geelong for the day and have a walk along the waterfront, have lunch somewhere.

Friday, 24 August, 2007  
Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Gina, The Frittata recipe looks so yummy i would also leave the capsicum out, I bought the book last Wednesday in Wangaratta.Sounds like you all had a great day and I love your table setting and cloth.Sending hugs your way

Friday, 24 August, 2007  
Blogger Pear tree cottage! said...

Now ladies I feel truly "missed out" you know missed out on lunch! missed out on great conversation! missed out on blogging experimenting! missed out again!!!! just kidding Gina, it looks like a lot of fun I can see the cat rushing away to hide and you laughing & chatting over some great conversation.

see you all soon.
Lee-ann

Saturday, 25 August, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's cool when bloggers find each other in the global network and become friends!

Thursday, 20 December, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!