Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Bloggers picnic at Westerfolds.





Five of us got together today for a picnic at Westerfolds Park in Templestowe - Lindsay, Anne (Mrs Lindsay), Miss Eagle, Val and yours truly (not in photo). We were originally going to be seven, but poor Helen is in hospital, and Connie (Meow) had another commitment.



The forecast was for rain, but that didn't eventuate - it was so windy, the rain wouldn't have had a chance. We sat under one of the many shelters in the park, but still got blown around a lot and kept our jackets on to keep the wind out, except for Miss Eagle, who had driven further than the rest of us, but not brought a jacket!


There was HEAPS of food; Val brought a quiche and some pastries, Lindsay and Anne brought a tray of Japanese finger food (sushi, fish, etc) and several bottles of wine, Miss Eagle brought savoury pastries and cheese and fruit skewers, champagne (come to think of it, what happened to that? I don't remember seeing it opened!), and a gift for each of us ladies - most unexpected! What a generous spirit she is! I took smoked salmon, avocado, tomato, Turkish Bread, chocolate cake and wine. I stuffed myself by sampling a bit of everything (although nobody wanted chocolate cake afterwards, so that has gone back into the freezer), and didn't want to eat dinner tonight, but of course I had to cook for Ken, so I put it off until about 8.30 pm, much to his annoyance...




I drank half of my bottle of white wine, and Lindsay shared a bottle of red with Miss Eagle while they got into serious discussions about politics and social justice issues. The wine stains came out of the cloth okay...Of course I was expected to bring a cloth, and there was some disappointment that it wasn't one of my embroidered ones. Just as well!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The drinks table says it all - we are spirited optimists! No doubt about it! Suggest that next time we just bring your chocolate cake and my champagne.

I think it was a magnificent day - in spite of the wind!

Blessings and bliss

Wednesday, 17 October, 2007  
Blogger Val said...

I probably should have had some of that wine instead of mineral water - I wouldn't have been so darn cold!

It was a fun day, will try to put up my post and some photos today.

Thursday, 18 October, 2007  
Blogger Scribe With Gold said...

Gina,
It sounds like a wonderful time. :)
The weather here is getting rainy and we're supposed to have storms. YUCK.

Thursday, 18 October, 2007  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Gina ~~ Sounds like you all had a great time in spite of the weather.
Glad you are feeling better and that Helen is improving. I am so glad she has her speech as that is so important. Take care, Love, Merle.

Thursday, 18 October, 2007  
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Aaawwww, geeeeee, it looks like fun ... wish I could've come. I don't know that the cold wind would've been much fun, though LOL.
Glad you enjoyed yourselves ... hopefully next time I can join you.
Take care, Meow

Saturday, 20 October, 2007  
Blogger Love Bears All Things said...

Sounds like a feast. Who was the guy?
Mama Bear

Sunday, 21 October, 2007  
Blogger Rachael Byrnes said...

Hi Gina, thanks for visiting my blog! The picnic looks fantastic. What a great idea to meet up with other bloggers. I'm sure the meet-ups will add a richer layer to your blogging communications.

Saturday, 27 October, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!