Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Monday, December 03, 2007

Stupid water restrictions on vegetable gardens.

Miss Eagle has just emailed me this information about a petition to the Vic. government, regarding water restrictions on vegetable gardens. I've signed it, and I think a few people reading this will probably feel the same way, so read the links and see what you think!


I am writing to advise of an online petition organised by Marika Wagner of Bulleen Art & Garden. You can see The Age article here:
http://www.theage.com.au/news/climate-watch/vegie-growers-carry-the-can-for-everyone-else/2007/12/02/1196530480976.html
and the petition is here:
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/allow-water-for-produce-gardens-in-victoria.html
Thought you might care to sign. I also support Kevin Walsh's comments on the need for an E level of water restrictions: for the elderly and edibles.

1 Comments:

Blogger MrsG said...

ooooh this makes me SO mad. They do this over here (UK) as well.
This topic involves the environment, it involves health (physical & mental), it involves quality of life and it involves financial aspects of peoples lives.
Why can we not have some common sense involved as well????

Tuesday, 04 December, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!