Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Friday, November 30, 2007

Found it!

My mobile phone, that is. Ken kept on ringing the number when he got up on Thursday morning and eventually someone answered it. He handed the phone to me and I announced myself as the owner of the phone, and asked where it was. A female voice said "The Austin Hospital Coffee Shop" and I said "I'll be up to get it within the hour!" When I got there, the lady who runs the shop told me how she'd heard it ringing and couldn't figure out where it was coming from until she saw the phone lying on the floor - said it was driving her crazy! Then she didn't know how to answer it, and had to ask another staff member, and that is when they got me. We had a good laugh over it. Phew! I am sooooo lucky to get the phone back - so many people lose theirs and never see them again.

Well, at least that was one thing this week that went right eventually. I had an appointment on Tuesday at 10 am. for a job interview. The place I had to go was about half an hour's drive from home, so I set off in good time, and arrived outside the building at 9.45 am. I drove up and down that street, along all the side streets, looking in carparks of other businesses, but there was not a car spot to be found anywhere. By 10.15 I gave up, and parked about a mile down the road, to ring the office and let them know I wouldn't be there. When I told the lady on the phone why, she said "Oh our staff have this problem all the time", to which I responded "if your staff have this problem, what hope do job applicants have?" I told Centrelink not to send me over there again for interviews - it is a waste of time and petrol.

In today's mail I received an absolutely stunning embroidered apron, which I will be be photographing and putting on to my Aprons blog, later on. Also in the mail, I had a letter from Hesta Superannuation. I'd asked my financial advisor one month ago to organise the rollover of my super.funds from Hesta to MLC, which is my primary fund. Since I asked him to do that, I have had three letters from Hesta, all requesting different kinds of paperwork for them to proceed. When I got ANOTHER letter today, asking for something else, I saw red. The poor guy at Hesta really got an earful, and although he explained why it was happening, I still argued that it didn't justify a continual stream of mail asking for something else each time. I said "Why can't you get it right the first time? Why not just list everything you want in one letter, and I could have dealt with it all then. But not this letter after letter after letter".
He was able to take the details over the phone this time, and then informed me that they hadn't received certain paperwork yet from MLC. Oh boy....Mr W. at MLC, are you going to get a tongue-lashing from me very shortly...

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Gina, its so annoying you leave early for interview and spend all that time looking for parking. they should have told you of the parking problem up front, then at least you would know what to expect.
how lucky you were able to get your Mobile phone back.It happened to me last time i was in Bundoora after I had dropped computer off to get repaired, we went to a fish and chip shop behind the shopping centre and must have fallen out of my pocket. my friend rang it and bingo it was there so had to turn around and go back and get it. we were lucky the shopkeeper heard it ring. alls well that ends well. .

Sunday, 02 December, 2007  
Blogger Gina E. said...

We sure were lucky, Jeanette - I don't know of many people who having lost their mobiles, get them back so quickly and easily!

Monday, 03 December, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!