Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Sunday, February 24, 2008

A very special man.

Today Ken and I visited my last living Uncle, who now resides in an aged care facility. My father and he were cousins. He will turn 100 years old in May, and his daughter popped in while we were there. She said we will be invited to his 100th birthday party, and I wrote the date in my diary immediately! Uncle Fred is amazing for his age. Has all his "marbles" - does the daily newspaper crossword and other puzzles, exercises daily on a walking machine, takes Ginseng capsules for good health, and has a good appetite. I'm not sure if I want to live that long, but as my Dad lived until 94 and his brother lived to 92, I guess it is in our genes. So far nobody in my family appears to have been afflicted with dementia, for which I am exceedingly grateful.


3 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

He looks so good! I think it says a lot when someone is still interested in life. Congratulations to your Uncle!

Tuesday, 26 February, 2008  
Blogger dragonflyfilly said...

"uncle Ken" is looking pretty good...it would be interesting to hear some of the stories -

by the by, just found your comment at one of my blogs, which I have been neglecting since about August as I have been busy with school.

hope you will drop by again,
cheers for now,
pj

Tuesday, 26 February, 2008  
Blogger Miss Robyn said...

100 - wow !!!
I am catching up.. I cannot wait to see his telegram!

Wednesday, 27 February, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!