Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Monday, May 26, 2008

Another 60th Birthday gift!

Today (Monday) I had lunch with an ex-blogger friend, whom some of you may remember - Val. We don't live far from each other, and we've kept in touch since she 'retired' from blogging. We've gone on walks, had coffee at the Eltham Library, she's visited me and now I've visited her! Her hubby cooked the most delicious pizza for lunch, and after that Val and I walked to a lovely park nearby, sat in the sun and did some sketching. As a challenge, we started off by sketching some of the playground equipment, which gave our skills in perspective and shading a work-out. Then we sketched each other - most difficult while we tried to control our grins!

Val was unable to come to my 60th birthday blog friends lunch, but today she made up for missing out with a lovely gift. She loves working with paper - origami, making journals and books, etc. and she made me this beautiful origami box. No glue, sticky tape or staples - just folded!



Inside the bottom half.

Inside the top half.

Isn't that exquisite? She offered to show me how it is done, but I don't know...I'm hopeless at just folding paper napkins nicely!
But that wasn't all. Inside the box, Val had tucked two lovely doilies that she had found when she was staying in a country town. You can see those on my linens blog here.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Gina, im Back again.. tired and worn out...
wishing you a very belated birthday.
Lovely birthday gift from Val, and all folded..
LOl I can Knit and embroider but not fold..it takes me all my time to wrap a gift...

Wednesday, 28 May, 2008  
Blogger Alice said...

Such a thoughtful friend. I love the little box she created. She is very, very talented.

Wednesday, 28 May, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was just thinking of Val the other day. So nice that you are keeping in touch.

Blessings and bliss

Tuesday, 03 June, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!