Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Thursday, June 05, 2008

It's going to be a bleak winter in Melbourne...

The signs are all there: Ken has caught another cold. He was sneezing and coughing all night so I phoned his work this morning without even asking him! and told his supervisor Ken wouldn't be in at work today or tomorrow. Ken wasn't happy when he heard me on the phone. He said half the staff are away with colds and flu, and I said "So, you've just joined the club". I've feeling a bit tight across the chest now, so I've just run a bath and tipped some oils in to help reduce any cold symptoms (TeaTree, Sandalwood and Rosemary. Actually the Rosemary is because I'm aching all over from my job today, but that's another story).

The nights lately have been foggy and miserable, and as Elsie sleeps outside (under a roof though), we bought her a jumper to keep her warm.


Ken likes to try new and exotic beers, so when we saw a current affairs show host interviewing the young brewers who produced this beer, he had to go out and buy some to try. His verdict? "Interesting..." I'm not a beer drinker, so I have no idea what that means!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

Elsie looks warm and cozy in her sweater. I hope you and Ken feel better soon. I think too that a hot, steamy bath or shower is the best thing for making us feel better when we have colds.

Friday, 06 June, 2008  
Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Dear Gina, Hope your colds dont turn into the dreaded flu, and yor both feeling on top of the world soon.
Our weather still not to bad had the high temp of the state last few days18,20C but b cold nights with central heating going, Oh we need rain..but the forecast for a bumper snow season so that will surely bring icy conditions here...
Was in Albury shopping yesterday and was quite pleasant walking around..

Saturday, 07 June, 2008  
Blogger Scribe With Gold said...

Hey Gina,
I hope you both feel better soon. Elsie looks cozy. Keith has tried the beer and he doesn't think much of it. LOL I don't drink so I have no clue.
Here it's been in the 80's and very humid. We've been getting lots of nasty highwinds and storms. YUCK but I think it's still better than winter. :)

Monday, 09 June, 2008  
Blogger Alice said...

I hope you're okay, Gina. You haven't posted for a bit. I have an award for you at my blog when you have a moment to stop by.

Thursday, 12 June, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!