Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Friday, November 07, 2008

Rushing toward the end of another year...

And what a year it has been! For me personally, it has been a good year, finding a new job, getting on top of minor health issues, and various other things that have contributed toward my happiness level in general.
Ken is taking two weeks off work this month, and has finally organised himself to fly to Queensland to see his oldest friend who has been so ill. Ken flies out this Sunday at 7 am and returns to Melbourne on Wednesday afternoon. I'm not going, as I think it is a good opportunity for the two blokes to have a bonding session on their own after all these years. It's been 15 years since they last saw each other, for Ken's 50th birthday. What will I be doing? Ah ha...while the cat's away, the mice can play! No, I'll be working, and looking after the cat and the chooks, and catching up on my stitching and reading. Possibly going to some of my friends' homes for tea at night, but that's about it.


On the world stage, I tend to feel the same as the majority of Aussies about Barack Obama winning the Presidential election in the USA. He seems like a really nice guy, and very intelligent, with a lovely family. Good luck to him.

On the down side of the year, like many people around the world, we will be affected by the global financial crisis. I have not dared to look at our superannuation fund; no use worrying about it though, as we can't do anything about it. Ken might have retired this year, but not now - he wants to keep working as long as he can. And I'm increasing my work load as the opportunities come up. We are lucky to have jobs at our age, so we're not going to let them go just yet!

1 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

While I'm sure you'll miss Ken, isn't it nice to have some time just to do as you please. You can eat popcorn for dinner and no one will complain. :)

Tuesday, 11 November, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!