Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Monday, December 29, 2008

We have a new erection!

All right, all you naughty people out there - settle down! I meant in the back yard, not in the bed.
As mentioned in my last post, we'd bought a gazebo in kit form and Ken needed help erecting it. He hates it when I take matters into my own hands and ask someone to help him. We women all know that men hate to ask for help, but sometimes the wife (or other female partner) is just not strong enough/tall enough/good enough to help build things, so she finds help elsewhere.

In our case, it was Sharon and Pete who came to my rescue. Pete was sensible and read the instructions first (Ken NEVER does that), and he moved things right along with the help of Sharon who is a tad taller than me. Ken was busy at the BBQ but getting hot under the collar because the Gazebo was growing before his eyes, so I relieved him of the cooking duties, and let him go and direct the traffic. Here they are sitting under our new gazebo, and what a perfect day it was for just sitting and chatting over drinks and nibbles.

There are a few odd bits and pieces lying around in the photo (step ladder, cushions, packing materials, etc) that won't be there once we've cleaned up the patio, but we're happy to have it done. It can be moved to other parts of the yard without too much trouble, so there might be more photos from time to time, of our gazebo in a different spot.

Ken's next job? Installing his Christmas present to me in a spot where I can use it. But that is nowhere near as big as the gazebo, and all he has to do is put some nuts and bolts into a beam and hang my present from it.
His Mum is still in hospital and her condition is stable, although she still gets confused about mundane things such as what day it is, and who has visited her that day. This coming week should provide some answers for the family on her condition.

4 Comments:

Blogger Pear tree cottage! said...

I like what I see Gina, It goes nice too the colour I mean......Happy New year dear friends.

Lee-ann & Rob

Tuesday, 30 December, 2008  
Blogger Merle said...

Dear Gina ~~ I love your Gazebo and also the photos of your yard. You and Val find some great places to walk. Photos take us along with you.
The birds are lovely too, how did you get the budgies to sit in a row like that?
Thank for your comments and I had a lovely Christmas with Kathryn and her family. Actually Kathy and her husband Ard brought me home and yesterday they had brekky in my gazebo before they left for home. I hope that you and Ken have a wonderful New Year with lots of happiness, health and love.
Take care, Love, Merle.

Wednesday, 31 December, 2008  
Blogger bigbikerbob said...

Hi Gina, Nice looking Gazebo you have there.Those budgies have certainly grown up now.You havn't told us what your present was yet?.
All the best for the new year, Bob-Sue.

Thursday, 01 January, 2009  
Blogger Gina E. said...

I'll be visiting your blogs shortly, but just a quick answer to Merle's question on how did we get the budgies to sit in a row like that. Ken said to tell you they've been trained - LOL!
Bob, you'll find out what Ken gave me for Xmas when he installs it and I can take a photo. It's too hard to explain!! (much head-scratching going on over the other side of the world, grin..)

Friday, 02 January, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!