Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Friday, April 17, 2009

Photos from Easter Monday.

I mentioned on yesterday's post that we took a picnic lunch up to Yea on Monday, but I didn't say I took photos! Here are a few:
Ken wandering through the Wetlands reserve.

Unpacking our lunch at a rustic table which was facing the enormous river redgum tree on the next photo

This gives you an idea of the huge girth of the tree (never mind about my huge girth, LOL)
The only thing that spoils a nice park - other people's rubbish. I picked all this up around the area where we sat, but there were no rubbish bins, and we didn't have a plastic bag to put it in, so it had to stay there. I know why some parks don't have bins - to encourage people to take their rubbish home - but it doesn't always work out that way.

1 Comments:

Blogger Merle said...

Dear Gina ~~ Great photos. I like the red-river gum tree. It's magnificent !! Thanks for sharing that with us. I hope you and Ken are both quite well again.
Take care, Love, Merle.

Saturday, 18 April, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!