Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Friday, April 24, 2009

Wildfires (bush fires) burning now in the USA.

Victoria's bushfires received world wide publicity and sympathy in February. We had help of all kinds from all around the world, much of which is ongoing. So why didn't I hear about the equally terrible fires now burning in several states of the USA?
Texas and Oklahoma wildfires
Thousands of acres burnt in South Carolina

I watched the news on t.v. tonight, but don't recall hearing anything about these fires. My heart aches for our American friends, just as much as they felt for us back in February. I'm hoping in particular that none of my Blog Friends have been affected. If you live in the affected areas, please leave a comment here if you can, just to let us know what is happening with you. God be with you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Merle said...

Dear Gina ~~ I love your post for Anzac Day as it says it all.
I am so sorry there are Wildfires so early in the US and hope they can control them very soon.
Thanks for your comment and I am glad you liked the golden telephone.
I think everyone thinks their country is the very best, and we do
think that way,don't we? And we are proud of it. Lovely gifts from Val. Say Hi from me and Carlton look better this year.
Take care, Gina, and say hello to your MIL too. Love, Merle.

Sunday, 26 April, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!