Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Thursday, April 23, 2009

The tiniest and neatest card I've got!

Val visited me on Wednesday afternoon, bringing a cake she'd made in the morning, and some goodies to show me, including a very small gift for my birthday. One of Val's hobbies is paper and book-making. She is always showing me new projects she is making, or intending to make. She showed me this one in a book a while ago, and I asked if she would make one for me. Then I forgot all about it until today, when she presented me with this:



An ordinary wine bottle cork, cut in half, filled with specially cut paper, and bound with cord. Val had written a birthday message on the paper, which must have been difficult, as it was sooo tiny! Isn't that the neatest thing you ever saw???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!