Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Enough of this misery!

It brings me back to earth when I get comments from my friends on blog posts as I did on the previous post about my health issues. I'm not the only one after all! Oh I know that, but we all tend to sometimes feel alone with our own problems, don't we. Thank you for your sympathetic comments - I have emailed you all personally rather than replying here.

And now for some nice stuff. How about some photos of chooks? (Half of my readers immediately click on the X at the top righthand corner....). Oh well, I've got some pics of Topsy too...ah now I've gotcha. Cat lovers, one and all! Here she is in her 'bed' - a cat cushion that sits on top of the clothes dryer in the laundry, where she can keep an eye on everything going on in the back yard. Of course the curtain has to be pulled across just far enough not to obliterate her view. And if I draw it right across, it is not long before the poor curtain has more tears in it from being dragged back with those naughty claws.



Ken bought two hens at a poultry club meeting last Saturday night. The club president had brought a selection of his chooks for their regular club judging, and he agreed to sell Ken two of them. They are called "Partridge" Wyandotte Bantams - Partridge refers to the colour and pattern of the feathers. They are very pretty, and quite docile. They endeared themselves even more to me today when one of them laid an egg!

This closeup shows the patterns on their feathers - isn't nature clever?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!