Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Dinner at the Sky High Restaurant.

Thirty one years ago, Ken and I got engaged at the Sky High Restaurant on Mt. Dandenong, but apart from an occasional drive up there to show overseas visitors the magnificent view of Melbourne, we'd never been back to the restaurant. When I asked Ken a few weeks ago what he wanted for his birthday, he said he'd like to go to the Sky High again, so I made a booking the same day. I booked a table for four, as some old friends said they'd like to join us there. We had a lovely night; we hadn't seen these friends for over a year, even though we talk and email each other often, so it was great to catch up. Of course I took my camera, and took about 20 photos, most of which I won't be posting here!
The Dandenong Ranges National Park on the outskirts of Melbourne is one of our top tourist attractions. See the television towers at the top of the hill on the right? That's where the restaurant is. It's about 45 minutes drive from our place.

The restaurant is in two sections: the top floor is a private function centre, and the ground floor is the public bistro. Our table was right at the window you can see under the balcony on the left.

Our friends messing around with their camera at our table. You can just see a bit of the view from the window behind them.

Unfortunately it was too cloudy to get a clear photo of the view, but if you click on the link to the website, you will see much better photos than this. The cloud cleared during the evening, but my little digital camera isn't good enough to take night time photos. But we arrived early enough to get some snaps of the beautiful gardens around the restaurant.



Leigh Conkie lives and works in Main Road Eltham, and his front yard is always full of fantastic finished and unfinished carvings.

Ken and I have occasionally thought about going in and asking how much a particular carving is, when we've seen something that really appealed to us, but I think I can safely say that we wouldn't be able to afford anything!


As soon as I saw this stone carved peacock, I had to get a photo, so I roped Ken in to pose with it!
Me sitting in the "Wishing Tree", another popular spot in the gardens for photo opportunities, especially children! There were five kids swarming up and down the branches before I got to sit there.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeanette said...

Happy Belated birthday to Ken.
it looks a lovely place to have a celebration Meal.. Love the stone peacock I think i could find room in my garden for him..
Merry Chrismas ans a very happy new year Save traveling on the roads over the holiday period.. Jen

Wednesday, 23 December, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!