Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Postal deliveries to be scrapped????

Postal deliveries could be scrapped and residents forced to collect mail from automated community post boxes under a new system.

Australia Post has earmarked the system for outer metropolitan areas, outlining the changes in a 12-page brochure presented to councils, News Ltd says.

Door-to-door services would cease and residents would travel to "community hubs" where as many as 1200 post boxes would be located.



I was gobsmacked when I read this online news item. The people who think these ideas up can't see any further than their own nose. What about disabled and elderly people who are housebound, and rely on their postie to bring stuff they have sent for by mail?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!