Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Possum visitors, flowers.

Most nights I leave apple outside for our resident possums, but having taken numerous photos of them in past years, I don't bother rushing for the camera these days. But when we peeped through the window tonight to see who was calling in for a feed, there was Mum Possum and a young one. The young ones are usually flighty, and run off if we venture outside for a closer look. But this little one didn't seem bothered by our presence, so out came the camera! Look at the little paws, dear little pet.




I had a photo of our tulips on here last night, but I took this closeup today before I picked them to take into Ken's Mum when we visited her. She loved them.


This is a closer shot of a shrub that is also on last night's post, but the colour was all wrong, so I took this today without the flash.

While I was in the back yard, I took some photos of our finches, so if you are interested, you can see them HERE on my birds blog.

3 Comments:

Blogger Pear tree cottage! said...

hi! Gina, back at work now I am and the real world........the queen thing is for a year but the busy part is over thank goodness. Isn't spring time a lovely time to enjoy the wildlife and the garden....."when I retire" I promise myself to "smell the roses!" just a little more. lol lol lol lol love to you both Lee-ann

Thursday, 23 September, 2010  
Blogger Pam said...

Ooh, lovely. Never seen a possum and didn't know that boronia was a flower. When I was little, there was a girl in my class called Boronia.

Friday, 24 September, 2010  
Blogger cell said...

what a gorgeous possum! i love their pink noses and tiny paws. and, gorgeous tulips too! i've seen a few up at upper ferntree gully. dont u just love this season where new life gets born! i especially love seeing new fluffy ducklings and their mum waddling about

Wednesday, 29 September, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!