Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Monday, November 01, 2010

Halloween washout.

What a shame. Oh I know we need this rain, and it is wonderful to see our reservoirs filling up again, and rivers and creeks flowing fast, but I just wish Himself Up There would be a little more discriminating with His timing! I had lots of goodies ready for the local kids who dress up as witches and come knocking on the door hoping for treats. One family showed some common sense and their kids did the rounds early in the afternoon when it wasn't raining. But it started in earnest late in the afternoon, and there was no way anybody was going to be out and about in that downpour. We had some friends over for tea, and when they rang the doorbell, I put my mad mask on, opened the door and said "Trick or treat?" and Louise nearly fell off the front step! And that was my Halloween.

Our rain gauge registered 65 mm in 24 hours, which is the most we have had in one day all this year. The news showed that many suburbs and rural areas have been flooded, and if the rain continues like this, it doesn't look good for the Melbourne Cup. I don't think they have ever cancelled the Cup race, but if the track is under water, they won't have much choice.

1 Comments:

Blogger Merle said...

Dear Gina ~~I am so glad that you and Ken enjoyed Ben Hur. Your flowers are lovely too. Well done.
Thanks for your condolences for my friend Anne- and you are right, it doesn't get any easier. It was a very sad but beautiful funeral, as
Anne deserved. Left me totally
exhausted and in a lot of pain. As you say those darn 4WD high cars and I am so short. Glad Ken settled for a Commodore. Take care my friend, Love, Merle.

Monday, 01 November, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!