Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Friday, August 05, 2011

Winter flowers at my place and crafty stuff.

Winter is such a great time to do things indoors when the days are cold and wet. Not that it really matters to me; most of my hobbies are indoors hobbies, so summer or winter, I've always got a new project on the go!
Last year I read about the craft of using paper napkins to decorate objects - a form of decoupage I guess. This is a shoe box, which I have transformed into a useful box by cutting up a napkin and rearranging the elements before I glued them on to the box.

I made some of these paper Kimono dolls earlier this year, and decided to use one to make a birthday card for an arty friend. Hope she likes it!


It was only a week ago that our back yard looked bare with nothing much flowering. But when I was out there today, I noticed that all of a sudden there were flowers popping up all over the place. So I grabbed my camera before the sun disappeared behind the clouds..
Close up of the lovely Grevillea blooms on the shrub below.



Dwarf form of the Banksia group of plants.


This Cyclamen is a complete surprise! I must have had it in a pot sometime ago, and thrown it out into a corner of the garden when it finished flowering. Lo and behold, it is still alive!


Our Irises were in the garden when we bought the house 30 years ago, and they still flower every year. Does anyone know what the lifespan is of these bulbs? Could they outlive us??



Dwarf form of Acacia (Wattle).




We planted these daffodil and jonquil bulbs about four years ago, and they get better every year. Tiger came out with me to inspect them.

2 Comments:

Blogger cell said...

lovely daffodils! spring is nearly here!

Wednesday, 10 August, 2011  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Gina ~~ Nice lot of flowers at your place. I love the box you decorated. Glad you enjoyed the jokes and I knew which one you would like best. Take care, Love, Merle.

Tuesday, 16 August, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!