Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Cats (not a football team)

Ken has been housebound and mostly in bed, taking antibiotics for bronchitus. He got dressed yesterday for the first time in two weeks, and braved the cold weather to go up to check on the birds. Bad move, dear. The cough is worse than ever, so I'm hauling him off to the doctor tomorrow. He can't risk getting pneumonia at this stage of his heart surgery recovery.
The cats have been keeping us company indoors, mostly in front of the heater where we trip over them if we don't look down first. Tiger wasn't taking any chances on being trodden on....

"If you're looking for me, I'm under the table, Mum".



Friends at last! Topsy has finally consented to eating her food alongside Tiger. I used to feed him in the laundry to avoid fights, but they are getting on well enough now to put their food bowls side by side. Tiger is only six months old (Topsy is about 7 years old), but look how big he is already. Perhaps that is why Topsy isn't arguing any more!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!