Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Wednesday, August 08, 2012

From Go to Woe

This time last week I was buzzing with life.  Then, on Monday night it all crashed.  Tight chest, a few aches and shivers.  Welcome the flu.  I can throw off a cold within a day or so with the help of garlic and lemon juice.  But not the flu.  I literally dragged myself to the doctor on Tuesday morning, to be told I didn't have pneumonia, but there was some infection, so antibiotics are called for.  Then he added "Buy some cold and flu tablets at the chemist as well".  I have NEVER had a doctor tell me that before!  But I did as he said, and I don't know if they have helped or not.  Two sleepless nights in the spare room (to avoid infecting the MOTH as much as possible), coughing, retching.....aaaghh, you don't need to know the details.
I'll be back in a few days if I survive this.  First time I've had flu for about 20 years.  But I still won't get flu injections.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!