Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Friday, August 03, 2012

Too busy to post.

My life is overflowing at the moment.  Hmmm..that's not really the phrase I was looking for but it will have to do.  I'm getting everything ready for my first open-to-the-public display of my vintage linen collection at Bundoora Homestead later this month.  It has taken me ages to dig out all the linens with an Australian theme, and get them ready to show the exhibition co-ordinators, who came here today to have a look at them.
They were blown away when they saw the amount of items I had that relate to Australia's flora, fauna and historic events!   My next task is to write a few lines about each piece for them to type on cards and display with the items.  After that, everything will be washed and ironed....8 table cloths, 14 aprons, 30 or so doilies, 4 cushion covers, and a few other things - phew!
I'm also into the third week of a 10 week course of water colour painting, and after each lesson there is something to be practiced from what we were shown.  That also takes time.  Not to mention my patchwork and quilting efforts.  I completed three quilt tops in about three weeks, and sent them off to charity groups last week, so I'm having a rest from those for a while.
I try to make time to visit my friend Helen weekly, or take her out if the weather permits.  This week her hubby brought her and her sister to my house for afternoon tea, and we had such a lovely time.  Visiting Ken's Mum is also a priority, as  well as enjoying catching up with other friends for coffee, visiting craft shows and galleries...Life is good! 

4 Comments:

Blogger Linens and Royals said...

Susan a I are really looking forward to seeing your Linen Display at Bundoora on Ist Sept. Visiting the lovely homestead will be a real treat for us. Sylvia

Friday, 03 August, 2012  
Blogger Gina E. said...

I am looking forward to meeting you both! As well as anyone else who reads my blogs - please come up and introduce yourselves - I will be at the exhibition every day.

Saturday, 04 August, 2012  
Blogger Merle said...

Dear Gina ~~ I am so glad you found my item about 9/11
so profound. And many congrats to your guardian angels looking after you so well. That must be a comfort.

Congrats also on getting your linens ready for display, a lot of work.
Please put a couple of photos in for those of us who cannot come.

The very best of luck my friend, Love, Merle.

Tuesday, 07 August, 2012  
Blogger Pam said...

Hope it all goes well.

Wednesday, 08 August, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!