Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Stupid cat.


Why do cats do this?  I put a bowl of water next to the gas heater, to add moisture to the air, as the gas heater makes the air very dry.  So what do the cats do?  Drink it.

 It's not like they don't already have fresh water every day in their own bowl in the kitchen.  They do drink from that too.  So what is the attraction to the other bowl? 
I had thought I might receive some sympathetic comments on my previous post about Ken, but it seems as though nobody apart from Sylvia and Connie are reading this blog now, or those that do aren't particularly interested in Ken, so I may as well stick to posting photos of the stupid cats.

6 Comments:

Blogger Linens and Royals said...

i am interested in the cats and Ken and am pleased Ken is home again though perhaps has an operation to face.
Who knows why cats prefer any water that is not in their bowl, that's cats for you.

Saturday, 25 August, 2012  
Blogger Sharon said...

I think you are jumping the gun a bit G...I take it that I am included in those you were having a go at and it saddens me that that is the way you feel.. I was very concerned with the last post you wrote about K and I am not going to make excuses to why I didn't respond to your comment only to say I was hoping to phone this weekend when I had some time to spare to have a proper chat rather than type words here...
Sharon

Saturday, 25 August, 2012  
Blogger Merle said...

Dear Gina ~~I am so very sorry Ken has been in hospital and so ill and hope he will be able to stand the operation if that is the best cure. Surely there is some way to get assistance with the fees. He should quit his job to get some rest and strength. I seem to get further behind lately but sure would have responded to the last 2 posts as I feel so sorry for you both.

You were wrong assuming I had never smoked -- I did for 42 years and sometimes feel like a bit of asthma which I have never had, so maybe the start of emphsema.
I gave up in 1996, but who knows.
I knew you would like the Julia joke. No wonder the first bloke wants her to stay -he used to be a hairdresser in Shepp.
Take good care of you both. Love, Merle.

Tuesday, 28 August, 2012  
Blogger Gina E. said...

I was not 'having a go' at anyone with my post. It has been a difficult time here lately, for more reasons than one, and I was just having a rant because I was feeling sorry for myself. I know most people have Facebook now as well, or instead of blogs, so most of my old bloggy friends don't visit anymore. Even though the purpose of this blog was (and still is) actually to keep a record of my doings to transcribe on to letters to friend overseas, I was spoilt for a few years by all those regular visitors, and I miss their comments sometimes!

Wednesday, 29 August, 2012  
Blogger Catherine said...

My cats will always drink water from somewhere other than their water bowls. I`ve kept water near our wood burning stove to humidify the air. The cats always drank it.

Tuesday, 04 September, 2012  
Blogger Pear tree cottage! said...

I understand your thoughts Gina....We send hugs to You, Ken....and "the stupid cat!" smiles.......Lee-Ann

Monday, 10 September, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!