Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Monday, October 01, 2012

Tonight's Little Visitors.

As the regular readers of this blog might remember from past posts, we encourage possums to our front porch by leaving fruit out for them most nights. Brush-tailed Possums all look pretty much the same (grey and fluffy) but they are territorial, so Ken and I are sure that the same family visit us most nights. Also, they are used to us and we can hand feed them, whereas if a new one comes along, once we open the front door they are off up a tree. Tonight, the possum family matriarch arrived to show off her new baby.

2 Comments:

Blogger Linens and Royals said...

I love possums, the baby is so very cute. Not sure if a baby possum has a special name. The house I lived in 30 years ago had possums living in the roof. They were so friendly I never had the heart to have them moved on. Sylvia

Tuesday, 02 October, 2012  
Blogger Pam said...

That is seriously sweet!

Thursday, 04 October, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!